Ada College of Education is a non-faith-based Teacher Education Institution established in 1965. It was later upgraded into Tertiary Status by an Act of Parliament in 2012 (Act 847)
The College Academic Board in collaboration with the Ghana Tertiary Education (GTEC) and its affiliate University- University of Education, Winneba (UEW) invite applications from interested and qualified persons for the position of PRINCIPAL of the College.
THE MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE PRINCIPAL ARE:
- The Principal shall serve as the Academic and Administrative Head of the College.
- He or she shall be the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the College.
- He or She shall be responsible for organizing and conducting the academic, financial and administrative businesses of the College in accordance with the Statutes and decisions of Council and Academic Board.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
The applicant must:
- Have an Advanced Research Degree. Applications with PhD will be an added advantage.
- Have good character and high degree of personal integrity and must be a distinguished master teacher and scholar in teaching and learning.
- Be at least a Senior Lecturer or a Principal Tutor in a College of Education or a comparable Grade in a similar institution/organization.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge in Administrative, Academic, and Current issues in Colleges of Education.
Applicant must also show evidence of the following skills:
- Demonstrate capacity to manage College of Education.
- Show ability to foster and promote good internal and external relations of the College.
- Have the ability to project effectively the image of the College locally and internationally.
- Exhibit proven capacity to provide strong, visionary leadership and innovation.
- Not be more than 55years at the time of the application.
- Display extensive knowledge and experience at the Tertiary Education (will be an added advantage).
- Must have strong innovative abilities in the development of human and physical resources of the College.
TENURE OF OFFICE
The appointment, which is full time, shall be four (4) years in the first instance and may be renewed for a further term of four (4) years only, after an outstanding performance on the job.
INCENTIVES: Very Attractive
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants must submit eight (8) copies of their application packages, including CurriculumVitae (CV), a two-page Vision Statement for the College, Certificates, and any other relevant documents to the address below:
Ada College of Education
Post Office Box AF 34
Ada East, Greater Accra – Ghana.
All Applicants must request two (2) referees to submit report on them directly to the above address.
Closing date for submission is 30th July, 2022.Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.