Admission to Ada College of Education
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission to the NEW FOUR YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMME for the 2021/2022 academic year.
With the following options
B.Ed Science with Mathematics
B.Ed Technical Skills
B.Ed Agricultural Science
B.Ed Visual Arts
B.Ed Vocational Skills
WASSCE /SSSCE Qualification Applicants
The general requirement for admission to the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Programme is as follows:
- WASSCE Holders: CREDIT PASSES (A1-C6) in Six (6)subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study.
- SSSCE Holders: PASSES (A-D) in Six (6) subjects comprising Three (3) Core subjects, including English Language and Core Mathematics, and Three (3) Elective subjects relevant to the course of study
Candidates who are yet to write either the 2022 WASSCE or NABPTEX examinations can also apply.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advance Level Applicants
Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better), have credit passes (Grade 6) in five GCE Ordinary Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics, and a Science subject (for non-science students) and an Arts subjects (for Science students).
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) Applicants
Have passes in three (3) subjects (at least, one of the passes should be Grade D or better).
Have credit passes in five (5) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, or Social Studies in the General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE).
Technical and Vocational Education and Training Applicants
- Possess Certificate II in three (3) relevant trade areas awarded by TEU, NVTI, City & Guilds, and other authorised awarding bodies in addition to NABPTEX Certificate II in lieu of passes in English and Mathematics.
- Have NABPTEX certificate II in relevant trade areas in addition to three (3) credit passes in WASSCE/SSSCE core subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Posses a National Certificate II qualification in Competency Based Training (CBT) in a relevant trade area awarded by TEU on the National TVET Qualification Framework (NTVETQF).
All foreign qualifications should be referred to the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission (GTEC) for the determination of equivalences and eligibility for admission to Teacher Education Institutions in Ghana.
It should be noted that the American SAT, TOEFL, etc. cannot in themselves be acceptable as entry qualifications into Ghanaian tertiary educational institutions.
Cost of Application Form & Sale Centre
i. Applicants will first make a payment of Two Hundred Ghana Cedis (GHC 200.00) into the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
- Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
ii. Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money wallet: Tigo Cash, Vodafone cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialling short code *924*8# from all networks.
Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
How To Apply
Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
(A) A Personal Identification Number (PIN).
(B) An Admission Application Serial Number.
(C) The Admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
– With this PIN, applicants will then visit the Colleges of Education admission
website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill the
online application form.
– Applicants should select three Colleges of their choice for their Program and an
accompanying Ghanaian Language.
a) Applicants are advised to read and to ensure they fully understand all related
instructions before completing the application form.
b) Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be
c) After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which
should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results
slip(s) (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post
nationwide and addressed to: The Principal of the applicant’s first College of
d) Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and
should therefore provide correct and reliable cell phone numbers when completing
the form online.
e) Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not
receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not
f) Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West
African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to
have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made
to face the legal consequences of their actions.