The Security Unit has been with the College since its inception and has evolved over the years.
The major role of the unit is protecting the lives and properties of the College community.
The Unit enforces the general rules and regulations in accordance with the goals of the College.
As an in-house unit, the focus is tuned towards preventative rather than reactionary security, with emphasis on effective controls, monitoring, deterring, detecting, reporting and recording activities that (have the potential to) pose any form of threat to the safety, peace and tranquility of the College community and mitigating measures put in place to avert them as well as propose recommendations to avoid future occurrences.
The Security Unit of Ada College of Education is made up of responsible, experienced, intelligent and active personnel with integrity, who over the years have endeared themselves to diligently serve the College community whilst upholding the highest professional Standards of their calling.
This has been the hallmark that had kept the College community a Safe Haven for all.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides personal, equipment, and real property security for staff, students, and visitors within the College community
- Performs routine security and public safety patrol duties within the College community
- Remains on standby alert to emergency situations and provides first-line response, emergency management, and referral if required.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as improper parking, using wrong routes, loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Watches for and reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel when required.
- Remain alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and/or detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- Performs periodic checks of vital installations such as street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports malfunctions as required.
- Maintains security controls for issued keys; safeguards and controls issued college equipment.
- Prepares routine, standardized reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties that comes with ensuring safety and security within the campus community such as:
- Access Control
- Enforcing the general Rules and Regulations
- Ensuring social order
- Controlling traffic in and around the Campus community.